Nothing like a top 10 list to ease the pressure of posting, particularly when its referencing content posted elsewhere
In this case elsewhere is CBC.ca and the content is a number of recommendations to get your children to choose healthy foods rather than junk.
A few examples (paraphrased from the article):
- The obvious – avoid fast-food and don’t keep junk food easily accessible around the home.
- Serve reasonable portions so your kids aren’t tempted to eat themselves unhealthy.
- Where possible, include vegetables in the foods served.
- Don’t use junk food as a reward… and if you are going to serve it, serve it early in the day so they can burn it off before bedtime.
- If your kids won’t eat what’s offered, send them to bed hungry. They’ll learn.
Strangely I didn’t get ten suggestions out of this one, but perhaps there are a few that I missed. Have a look for yourself.